Save the Maurice Bathhouse
The Maurice Bathhouse was completed in 1912 with a front sun parlor added in 1915. It was patterned after contemporary European spas and was one of the best-equipped and luxurious early 20th-century American Bathhouses.
On the third floor, a craftsman style den was added with stained glass ceiling and a frieze entitle “Dutch Life”, hand painted by artist Frederick Wernicke. The room was dubbed the “Roycroft Den” to commemorate Elbart Hubbard, founder of the Roycrofters craftsman design studio, who died on the Lustania.
The fund raising focus of the Friends is the Maurice Bathhouse, the last bathhouse in need of renovation. Our goal is $500,000 to cover the cost of returning the sun porch, lobby and the Roycroft Den to their original historical state.
The Friends of Hot Springs National Park donated $50,000 to the Maurice Bathhouse Building Fund and held three events that raised over $20,000.
The Friends of Hot Springs National Park and Dorothy Morris kicked off the $500,000 Capital Campaign to restore the historically significant areas of the Maurice Bathhouse with the Architects and Blueprints VIP Gathering in January, 2016. Guests braved a snowy night and pledged donations in support of the last bathhouse.